Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lesson 1: Patience is a Virtue

 My fiance and I bought a house in July of 2011.  It was the first house we looked at, out of two.  I am a teaching artist and Brendon is a carpenter, we always thought that we wanted a fixer upper.  Being in the middle of a complete home overhaul (Project House to Home) hindsight is 20/20.  I learn more and more about carpentry and myself everyday (such as why you shouldn’t spray scotch guard in the basement next to your oil tank and furnace).  I cant even leave the house if the bed isn’t made, needless to say, living with half finished projects is really hard for me.  Rome wasn’t completed in a day, and neither was the spare bedroom makeover that I am in the midst of.  As things get ripped up, refinished, primed, painted, sanded, striped, and toxic fumes inhaled, I am (slowly) becoming more able to deal with it all.  This blog is about sharing the successes and failures of DIY home projects, reflection, and getting these damned projects finished. 


Welcome to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment